SHE - the song, the inspiration



I was 15 or 16, it was 1995 & I was living in the inner west of the city (Sydney) One of the women who worked @ the refuge i was living in gave me a tape. It was a copy of this new cd by a band called Green Day, it was called Dookie. I loved it. Somewhere I still have that cassette tape. One of my favourite songs on it was called she. . . years later a musician would tell me I have a lyrical soul (i'll x plain that another time), so the lyrics really took me in.


She

She...
She screams in silence
A sullen riot penetrating through her mind
Waiting for a sign
To smash the silence with the brick of self-control

[Chorus:]
Are you locked up in a world
Thats been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed
I'm taking heed just for you

She's figured out
All her doubts were someone else's point of view
Waking up this time
To smash the silence with the brick of self-control

[Chorus]
Are you locked up in a world
Thats been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed
I'm taking heed just for you

EHHHHHH,AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[Chorus]
Are you locked up in a world
Thats been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed
I'm taking heed just for you

Four weeks ago I got to see it played live. Sadly my camera had died by that point, but hey that's what you tubes for!!!




Not as good as the view we had, but still great. (we were down against the fence on the left side of the catwalk)

I have never sung this song so loud in my life. Having just had part of my soul torn out by silence, it just seemed like the right thing. And fuck it felt good!!

Just cause I can - heres a cool part of the concert taken by someone a few feet to our left in the moshpit.