Poke



U poke me, I poke U.

I text U, U text me ? ? ?


I have an idea for a theory or a post revolving around the ways communication has changed over the past decade. My generation has seen such huge changes when it comes to communication. When I was a teenager I didn't have a mobile phone - they weren't out yet (got my first @21) no one knew what the internet was, and social networking was code for a swinger's style party!!

Another is about love in the digital age, an anecdote of a relationship that started in person, was followed by a letter. Then fast forward to this century, so many communication tools - all used in earnest, until the wheels fell off, the text messages stopped, emails went unanswered, eventually nothing

Radio silence . . .

then came the facebook pokes.
Can a relationship be resurected in the digital age.
One where a heart flutters to life because someone else took 2 seconds to hit the poke back link, saw your photo for a second, then clicked again to send it through.
Such a tiny act, yet its feels so good.

Stay tuned as we see how the poke back communication goes.

If I had any readers, I'd put up a poll to get feedback as to wether or not the above text should be sent lol - pathetic comunication in the digital age . . .

One more poke, then the text will get sent.

P.S - the paranoid part of my mind fears he may have read this - for today he popped up in my feed without re-poking me. Get with it girl and let go of the false hope, start falling already. The sooner you fall, the sooner you hit the ground, the sooner you start to heal and eventually feel better. Jan 12 2009

EDIT: Found this link to an artcle in the "Zen of the Facebook Poke" just figured it kind of fitted with this post