ASCII Text Art


After finding some cool ASCII art for my previous POST -> More Than One Way To Poke On Facebook I spent a little time checking out various other cool ASCII text art, and have been impressed with not just some of the pieces of Art that people have created, But even more so by the various tools available to create your own ASCII text art from your own images.

As an image whore - these websites excite me no end.


So here they are - all using my original image above (i'm only violet by name - sorry!) they all give a slightly different outcome. N.B. found it easier to just use screen caps rather than the actual html or pure text due to issues with blogger.

Both color and black & white outputs are available. Also both colored html or pure text outputs available




ASCII- O-MATIC
This one I found a bit tricky. It will only work if your image is edited to 60x50px. Although the output is in color (B&W also an option) It Isn't great color,


http://www.text-image.com

My personal favourite so far. Color is only one option, others include B&W & Matrix as shown below.
This site also offers a number of different options, much more than the others



I also found Photo2Text but sadly it kept spitting out php script errors @ me - but from what I have read, it's possibly best of the free online image to text services.

Theres probably a whole bunch more - just google 'convert image to text' or 'convert image to ascii' you will find heaps of them.
all images in this post are owned by me ©copyright 2010 Violet Goodwin