Beautiful Nightmares


Last Night I slept. I slept for longer than I have for months.
I dreamt a dream, a dream longer than any I can recall.
The dream starred the crush of my life. Like most dreams it reflected the issues on my mind at the moment. It also reflected issues that occurred at other points in time when this person's life and my own intersected.
It was a beautiful dream, it was a nightmare, It gave me everything I wish for, then took all of my wishes away and gave them to another person.
My treasures were re-gifted unto another. Strange I thought as the treasure was once hers before it was mine.
Karma is beautiful, Karma is painful & agonizing. Karma is my master, I am her bitch.

My dream left me thinking, asking what does she have that I don't? what will she do that I won't? why can you love her when you don't even remember her name?
I think the answers lay not in questioning another, but reflecting upon my own responses to the questions posed.