New Tattoo - pondering ambigrams


Ive got 2 small tattoo's and love them both dearly as they both represent huge influences on my life - )however Ive copped flack for not having my sons name tattooed on my flesh - so am looking at ambigrams of Andy)

I have a pink robbin on my right arm in honour of my dearly loved Nanna who passed away on April 9th 2008. She had breast cancer that although was once cured, it returned vengefully and had great effect on her right arm. She lost her ability to write clearly yet she kept practising. Under the effects of strong Narcotics she practised her writing in the front of a book I had lent to her. That book now means so much more to me.

(I once died, but was obviously revived. It was April 9th 1994 - Huge love of trivia and co-incedences)

My Other Tattoo is a black Letter 'K' at the bottom of my rib cage/top of my stomache. It sits above a thick scar from an operation, and is over a scar of the letter K which I created by carving into my flesh over a number of years.

Of Course it is in honour of Kurt Cobain. Who wouldve been celebrating turning 43 today! He was and still is a huge part of my life.

I never want to get a tattoo that doesnt mean something significant to me.

I have always wanted the lyrics - "'cause the ones that hurt can give so much, you gave mr such" from 'Tearjerker' by RHCP which is about Kurt Cobain. I used to sing it to my son as a lullaby when he couldnt sleep as a baby.

So I guess the lyrics would honour both my son and Kurt at the same time - but think ANDY will have to come first.

I do not have a great body - well and truly far from it, so where to put it is hard to decide. Im thinking on my hip though, or on my left arm.

(If I had a great ass I'd get "I wish I was like you ... easily amused" from 'All Apologies' by NIRVANA on my back - just think it would be kind of funny.)




As yet Im still undecided as to what my new tattoo will be of or what it will look like - but chances are it will be text, most likely an ambigram of ANDY - an ambigram being a word that reads the same (or something else related) forwards, backwards, upside down and right side up. It was used in the Dan Brown novel & movie - 'Angels & Demons'



Beautiful Disaster - Ambigram tattoo design

Im really into Ambigrams, and have been trying to create my own - really shouldve known there would be online ambigram generators'Beautiful Disaster' is a beautiful song my foster sister sang at her younger brother's funeral - i think Kelly Clarkson sang it first - It is most definitely about an addict, and probably a manic depressive one at that. So it's just another design I'm considering

Really Can't wait!!!