Perspective


Somedays my problems weigh me down. They spin my mind like a gravitron, pinning me against the wall, unable to move.

Today is one of those days. My mind is over whelmed by the various disasters that are playing out on the stage that is my life.

Then whilst I'm amidst my own mess of self pity and loathing along comes Ewan McGregor and Charlie Borman & their documentary "The Missing Face". Highlighting the devastation and despair caused by the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the worst affected area on the planet - Africa.

It really put my problems in perspective. My 13 yr old may hate me, but he has two parents to care for him, He isn't responsible for 5 younger siblings, he is getting an education and he is healthy. If he had HIV he could, at the very least, receive medical care.

Things that I might be facing are microscopic compared to what these amazing kids are living with and facing on a daily basis- Check out the missing face website & get involved.

It is our world to live in. It is our world to care for.